Completion error in Taskchain

Completion error in Taskchain

by Tom Tabaczynski -
Number of replies: 12

Hello,

I started using Taskchain for my Hotpots, but I'm finding that when I set completion tracking for "Student must receive a grade ..." 

(1) I get an error message "An internal error occurred in the completion system (System administrators can enable debugging information for more detail)". I tried enabling debugging information but nothing's showing.

(2) completion is not marked. Because the activity completion is not marked, the next activity which is conditional on completion is not accessible.

(3) When I set access restriction (see attachment) it does not show. UPDATE: After I got rid of the access restriction in the following activity (19.5) the access restriction information for the Taskchain (19.4) started showing.

(Moodle 2.6)

Attachment completion 2.png
Attachment Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 11.39.35 pm.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Tabaczynski

Re: Completion error in Taskchain

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Tom,

what happens, if you replace the TaskChain with a HotPot and use the same completion conditions?

Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Tom Tabaczynski -

Hi Gordon,

I've been using Hotpots with these completion conditions up until now without any problems. The student gets a grade, the activity is marked as completed and the student can view the next activity. I was trying to replicate this with the Taskchain but it doesn't seem to work. I got rid of the completion tracking on the Taskchain and the error has gone. But I need the completion tracking to make sure sts do all the activities.

Tom

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Tom,

thanks for confirming that completion tracking in the HotPot module is working. 

I have had a look at the TaskChain completion code and I noticed that I refers to a non-existant DB table, so that is probably the cause of the error. Please give me a day or two to find a fix.

thanks
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

Tom, please could you update your TaskChain module and let me know if the completion works on the TaskChain activity now. thanks, Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Tom Tabaczynski -

I did and still the error message comes up when I turn progress tracking on. 

There seems to be some more general problem in the progress tracking system. I just tried, in another course, to make access to the next section/unit conditional on completion of a Hotpot in the previous section, with the next section visible but greyed out. 

Instead the next section is not visible at all. 

So this might not be a module issue, but a tracking system issue in 2.6??

Attachment Course  Acton Haptic English Pronunciation System.png
Attachment Screenshot 2.png

by Gordon Bateson -

It seems the TaskChain module does not yet do all that is it expected to do:

Debug info: Module taskchain claims to support
FEATURE_COMPLETION_HAS_RULES but does not have required
taskchain_get_completion_state function
Error code: err_system
Stack trace:
  • line 1338 of /lib/completionlib.php: moodle_exception thrown
  • line 660 of /lib/completionlib.php: call to completion_info->internal_systemerror()
  • line 584 of /lib/completionlib.php: call to completion_info->internal_get_state()
  • line 1266 of /lib/completionlib.php: call to completion_info->update_state()
  • line 832 of /lib/grade/grade_grade.php: call to completion_info->inform_grade_changed()
  • line 253 of /lib/grade/grade_object.php: call to grade_grade->notify_changed()
  • line 765 of /lib/grade/grade_grade.php: call to grade_object->update()
  • line 1737 of /lib/grade/grade_item.php: call to grade_grade->update()
  • line 284 of /lib/gradelib.php: call to grade_item->update_raw_grade()
  • line 1429 of /mod/taskchain/lib.php: call to grade_update()
  • line 1377 of /mod/taskchain/lib.php: call to taskchain_grade_item_update()
  • line 78 of /mod/taskchain/submit.php: call to taskchain_update_grades()

by Gordon Bateson -

Hi Tom,

I added the missing function to TaskChain and it seems to work OK now, that is to say the "complettion" is successfully detected and can be used to trigger access to other activities in the course.

Please update your TaskChain module and let me know if it fixes the issue for you.

I suspect that the HotPot module needs to be modified in the same way, so probably that is not working at the moment. I'll let you know when it is fixed.

best regards
Gordon 

by Gordon Bateson -

Tom,

I have updated the HotPot module confirmed that it is also working with Activity completion now.

Please update your HotPot module when you have a chance.

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention approve

best regards
Gordon

by Tom Tabaczynski -

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for that. The error message in the Taskchain has gone. But now, when I go into the Checklist page which I use for monitoring progress in conjunction with completion tracking, I get the following. I don't know PHP as yet to be able to understand what it means:

Coding problem: $PAGE->context was not set. You may have forgotten to call require_login() or $PAGE->set_context(). The page may not display correctly as a result

• line 451 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 734 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_context()
  • line 1394 of /lib/weblib.php: call to moodle_page->__get()
  • line 1259 of /lib/grade/grade_item.php: call to format_string()
  • line 575 of /lib/conditionlib.php: call to grade_item->get_name()
  • line 525 of /lib/conditionlib.php: call to condition_info_base::get_grade_name()
  • line 131 of /lib/conditionlib.php: call to condition_info_base::fill_availability_conditions_inner()
  • line 1067 of /course/lib.php: call to condition_info::fill_availability_conditions()
  • line 617 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to get_array_of_activities()
  • line 450 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to course_modinfo::build_course_cache()
  • line 411 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to course_modinfo->__construct()
  • line 2003 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to course_modinfo::instance()
  • line 2842 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to get_fast_modinfo()
  • line 46 of /mod/checklist/report.php: call to require_login()

As for the other issue, I updated the Hotpot module, but I still can't get the next section to show greyed out.

Tom

Attachment Acton Haptic.png

by Gordon Bateson -

Tom,

the error message comes from the "Checklist" module. I suggest you talk to the Checklist developer about that.

In your post, you said:

I still can't get the next section to show greyed out

I'm afraid it is not clear to me how what the "next section" is in the screenshot you gave. Also, none of the icons in the screenshot look like HotPot or TaskChain icons, so I need more help in understanding what the problem is.

regards
Gordon

by Tom Tabaczynski -

Gordon,

Thanks, I'll take that to the Checklist module. Actually sometimes I don't know which module is responsible, so maybe you direct me where I might look in relation to the Access Restriction problem. 

Attachment screenshot 1.png
Attachment screenshot 2.png