Personalised Moodle for individuals

Re: Personalised Moodle for individuals

by dawn alderson -
Number of replies: 0

Jez, hi

been thinking about this.

when you say: In an educational or open settings you would trust your staff / editing teachers to manage the cap or automate it.

-Of course, goes without saying in my book, but I would add...the staff would hope to be able to the job with ease and have tracking of those enrolled too both for movement across modules/courses/options and gradebook.

& When you say: We actually offer short paid for courses in the health sector very much like you describe. We have no need to enforce a cap as our staff can be trusted.

-Of course, as a staff member I could easily oversee a cap for bums on seats, yes...but as I say, documenting 'movement' across a system is also about ease of access and tracking in view of capped requirements, in some circumstances-links with your third point, for example.

Given the limitations, then, with MySQL, it appears there is no other option than to invest in pricey software....to work with MySQL for such purposes...could be seeing/understanding it all wrong of course. Those web-links Jez, appear to present a solution.

D