Themes

Trying & Failing to Upload Moodle 2.7 Themes to Server

Jennie
Trying & Failing to Upload Moodle 2.7 Themes to Server

Hi, I am quite new to working with Moodle 2.7 themes and I have tried to upload either Arialist or Cerulean to our server using filezilla and I repeatedly get failed attempts to add either of these themes our new Moodle 2.7 site. 

My server pathway is /var/www/html/theme

It has failed to upload both Arialist or Cerulean; what might I be doing wrong?

Plus I have been looking at the More theme for 2.7 and don't know where to start for changing the colors or other features that are suppose to be in the new More Theme functions ... Please pardon all these questions as I am just trying to find my way and learn more about the latest moodle ... Thank you for your time, help and support ..

Best, Jennie

Average of ratings: -
It's only an avatar...
Re: Trying & Failing to Upload Moodle 2.7 Themes to Server
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi,

First of all you need to be the main Administrator for your Moodle site, assuming that your Moodle site is up and running?

These are the instructions given in an on-line help page but I found it too verbose so took the bit you need to read and pasted it here...

Installing directly from the Moodle plugins directory

1. Login as an admin and go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Install add-ons.
  2. Click the button 'Install add-ons from Moodle Plugins directory'.
  3. Search for a plugin with an Install button, click the Install button then click Continue.
  4. Check that you obtain a 'Validation passed!' message, then click the button 'Install add-on'.

Here is a link to the Arialist theme.

Then let Moodle do the rest. smile

So there is no need to use filezilla. smile

Hope this helps?

Mary

Jennie

Thank you for your timely reply and yes both of you were able to assist in helping me learn more about the new Moodle 2.7 build. Thank you and very kind of you to help out ...

Best, Jennie

Picture of Jon Bolton

The settings for changing the colors or other features in the More theme can be found at Site Administration - Appearance - Themes, and then you will see a link for More. The settings are listed there smile