General help

Moodle and a Virus?

C'est Moi....
Moodle and a Virus?

With a new installation in a version of 2.7, we suddenly have comments telling us that we do not have the latest version of a video player installed.  Also, I am surprised that ads accompany the installation.  Fortunately, this is only a test Moodle and we will not be dependent on this installation but we do need an installation.

This may not be directly a Moodle link problem but we have never seen this kind of interference before.
Can anyone make any suggestions to help understand how to approach this?

We are presently performing a deep virus check (taking hours to complete) right now so I cannot describe any more about this.

In the short past, I received many messages that the new version of Moodle was available but it looked suspicious so I never used it.

We initially tried to go though Lunar Pages to set it up but were told that er needed a newer version of PHP so we set it up on our own server.

I do not have information as to from where this download happened but after we pick up all the pieces, can someone recommend the proper source from which to do so.

P.S.  The installation was done by someone who prides himself in working on virus protection so needless to say, he is not happy having to admit all this.....

Average of ratings: -
C'est Moi....
Re: Moodle and a Virus?

P.P.S. It probably that he went through SoundForge,net for the download.

Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

There is a downloads link in the top black bar of this page if that helps.

C'est Moi....

It is a bit like throwing out the baby after barn door is closed.  The deep scan for virus picked up a cluster of them but we still had to reinstall Windows  to clean everything up.

I was hoping someone had had experience with this aid could identify what happened.  I would still like to know what stumped my virus scanner.