Quiz

Can't see email notification setting in Quiz

Picture of Melissa Benson
Can't see email notification setting in Quiz
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

I went and made the teacher role (globally) have the ability to get confirmation emails upon student submissions (http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Quiz_submission_email_notification). Although the interface for this was not the same as shown on that docs page, I did find the permission and I set it to "allow". I checked the quiz I was testing with and the teacher role had it set to "allow". However, I can not see the setting that should now show up with this ability in the Quiz Settings. Isn't it supposed to show a new setting that says yes I want to get emails from this quiz as a teacher?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Re: Can't see email notification setting in Quiz
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

"Isn't it supposed to show a new setting that says yes I want to get emails from this quiz as a teacher?"

No. What makes you think that?

Why on earth would there be a permission to receive confirmation as a teacher when a quiz is submitted and NOT have a setting for that so the teacher can choose? Just like an assignment works..right? Yep, I want to get emails when an assignment is submitted or nope I don't...why would it not give you this ability within the Quiz Settings?

I understand that you can go into the permissions for each individual quiz and essentially turn it on and off..but really, what normal Moodle user is going to even know that? And it's very inconvenient. Seems silly..or maybe I'm missing something?

And can teachers even change that permission for each quiz? I know me as an admin can do that but can a teacher change a permission for the same level of role they have in the course?

Anyone know if there is already a ticket for this? To add the functionality to have it work like assignment confirmation?

So it looks like when I made that change for the teacher role globally it turned on email notifications for every course and quiz. Teachers inboxes got flooded over the weekend.

I have now switched that permission to "not set" again for the teacher role globally. Can I get confirmation that this will now overturn that setting to get applied on all quizzes (unless a quiz was set to the individually)?