General help

Editing when switched to Student Role

C'est Moi....
Editing when switched to Student Role
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

I have numerous resources listed in my course list. In that list, I have many entries that are hidden.  I am setting up for the next term and have a few set up as experimental.

When I switch role to student, it is very nice and clean as the students would see it but I figure that if I could grade and edit these entries I could save a lot of time than in "normal role".

Is there any way to enable editing for me when I am in Student role?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of AL Rachels
Re: Editing when switched to Student Role
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Easiest way would be to just use two different browsers. I generally use Chrome and log in as student and at the same time I have Firefox open and into it, I log in as teacher or admin.

AL

C'est Moi....

Yes, I have tried this although I don't see the significance is using two different browsers.  I can do it with two sessions of Firefox.  Still, it would be much easier with a student mode and being able to edit right there.

P.S.  How do I get rid of this "New message from Bob Puffer" that keeps showing up at the bottom of this screen.  I am not interested in the topic and have hit both "Ignore" and "Go To Message" but every time I return to the forum, it shows up.  This happened with a different message a few months ago and I had to see it many times before it finally disappeared but I have no idea what happened to be rid of it..

Picture of Robert Brenstein
I don't think that two browsers is what you want. What you need is for your admin to add a new role to your Moodle, which is a cross between the student and the teacher roles (superstudent? teacherstudent?) and assign it to you in your courses.

Floyd Saner - Tail of the Dragon, U.S. 129, NC

I had a request similar to this about a year ago.  I duplicated the standard Student role, renamed it to Student_view_all, and changed capabilities to view hidden resources.  I forget all the things I changed, but by using 'Show advanced' and 'filters' in the role capability editor, I was able to get it to work.  I then created a new user and assigned that role to the user in the courses.

Floyd

C'est Moi....

Sounds great.  Since I am setting up my own test Moodle 2.7, I will apply your directions and check back.  At least I won't have to molest my Moodle Manager for this one... This may take a few days/weeks but I like your technique.