Display Issues in Edit mode

Display Issues in Edit mode

by Rob Cole -
Number of replies: 3

This display behavior just started happening in Moodle 2.6:

I need to edit some courses so I go to a course, and click the "Turn Editing On" button. I go to the activity I want to edit and click the Edit button. Click the Edit button collapses the Activity bar and throws the Edit button to the left. If I go to the new location of the Edit button and click it again, it returns to the original position, and displays the Edit menu.

Also the page is allowing me to reorder the activities, which it had never let me do in the past. However, the drop part of the drag-and-drop makes the activity bar disappear. If I click another activity bar, the previous activity bar reappears.

I think there is expand/collapse code that is triggering whenever I click on an element in the activity bar. Is there a way to turn off this functionality or at least ignore it when I click a control within the activity bar?

Attachment display1.png
Attachment display2.png
Attachment display3-4.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Cole

Re: Display Issues in Edit mode

by Rob Cole -

Anyone?

In reply to Rob Cole

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

I can sympathize with your "Anyone" comment.  (-:  I too have a few messages here that have not yet netted a response.

Since I went from 2.5 to 2.7 I did not see your note on 2.6.

How often does it happen?  Can it be duplicated reliably?
Do the options still work even though the visual is messed up?
Have you tried to refresh the screen to see if it fixes?
Try dragging the offending part of the image off the screen, release the drag and bring it back, does it correct?

These are all tests to see if it here is in fact a video card problem.
I am too new to 2.7 to see if it happens here too but I will try to imitate it.

In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

by Rob Cole -

It happens every time in every browser and operating system I have tried. The options work if you click the Edit link, chase after it and click it again, click on an edit option, chase after it and click it again. I can't go to my client and tell them this is a viable workaround.

I am trying to rewrite the code that generates these lists to see if I can at least put the Edit links in a different node from the expand/collapse course activity title bar.

Thank you for the response. I needed that moral support! smile