View "All" Assignment Submissions

View "All" Assignment Submissions

by Jennifer Sheppard -
Number of replies: 5
Hi! 

Is there a way to view all submissions from all students in a course, rather than all submissions of a single assignment?

For example, I know I can go into a single assignment and see the submissions per that assignment only, but is there a place that I can go to and view a grid of "all submissions" from "all students".

Thank you!
Jennifer

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jennifer Sheppard

Re: View "All" Assignment Submissions

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Grader report in the grade book found under Course Administration/Grades

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jennifer Sheppard -

Thanks Emma, but I believe that only shows grades, not submissions before an assignment is graded?  I'd like to see a report of all assignments, all students, all submissions.  Blackboard has a spreadsheet view that shows a green exclamation point in the cell where students have submitted an assignment.

by Jeffrey Thomas -

The answer varies by moodle version.

In my v2.4 installation, within the side-menu /settings / assignment administration / download all submissions is an option.  It bundles all the files submitted into a zipfile for you.  

However, I do not find any way to download all the OnlineText or SubmissionComments.  That is one reason I now learn more toward requiring filesubmission rather than simple online text.

If someone knows a nifty way to download all OnlineText for a given assignment, that would be great.

I do not find any content-download capability in the gradebook, only the marks themselves -- in any version up through v2.4

In reply to Jeffrey Thomas

by Jennifer Sheppard -

Thanks so much Jeffrey.  Do you know of a way to view all submissions without downloading? 

I'd like something that looks just like the Grader Report - student names in a column on the left, activities as column headers across the top, and then just a check (or exclamation point, or dash, or whatever) in the cells for each student that has submitted each activity.  

Some students work ahead, so it would be nice to view all submissions, rather than submissions for a single activity at a time.

I'm using version 2.6.2.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Jennifer Sheppard -

One thing I found is the Activity Completion report.  Course administration > Reports > Activity completion.

I turned on Activity completion within the Activity's settings so that I would get a checkmark on this report if they have submitted the activity.

However!  What I really need is a hybrid of this report and the gradebook.  I'd like to see a single report that shows grades and a checkmark for assignments that have been submitted and not yet graded. 

A hybrid report would really show me where I stand - ex. if there are four checkmarks and three grades across my report, I'd know that that four of the seven submissions need to be graded (Activity Completion shows all submissions, Grader Report shows all grades, I need to see both in a single report).