Themes

Essential: I found a solution to ger rid of the irritating footer line that appears only in some browsers

My picture
Essential: I found a solution to ger rid of the irritating footer line that appears only in some browsers

Hello,

I would like to share the solution I have found for this problem in case anyone is interested:

We are using the version 6.1 of Essential theme, and I have noticed the following problem:

After the official footer line of the theme, there is a strange grey line that only appears in certain browsers:

-Safari: 5.17

-Chrome: 34.0.17,

but it does not appear in Firefox 29 or Internet Explorer 10.0.8

This is an image of the strange line:

In order to make that irritating line dissappear if you go to /essential/layout/include/footer.php

and you comment line 38:

<!--MCG this code has been removed to stop showing a grey line at the bottom <div class="row-fluid">

<?php

echo $OUTPUT->essentialblocks($footerl, 'span4');

echo $OUTPUT->essentialblocks($footerm, 'span4');

echo $OUTPUT->essentialblocks($footerr, 'span4');

?>

</div> -->

The annoying line disappears.

I hope that this is useful

l

Average of ratings: -
It's only an avatar...
Re: Essential: I found a solution to ger rid of the irritating footer line that appears only in some browsers
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

LOL..well that is one way.

Picture of Mitja Decman
Odg: Re: Essential: I found a solution to ger rid of the irritating footer line that appears only in some browsers

Well tell us the other one cool