General help

Picture Gallery of Teachers

Picture of Jason Mallet
Picture Gallery of Teachers

Hello, currently using 2.2 but soon will upgrade to 2.7 (thanks to Godaddy finally upgrading MYSQL).

I would like to create a page that is a gallery of pictures of our teachers (using lightbox most likely) but with a link to each teacher's profile page if you click on the picture.  Is this possible?  Has anybody else done this?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of dawn alderson
Re: Picture Gallery of Teachers

Jason, I like this idea.

I have seen some nice related stuff with, for example, clipart images in language courses that could be clicked and then linked to info.

Playing around with ideas, imagination here- see:

http://www.hyperlinkcode.com/html-image-hyperlink.php

or

check out moodle docs.

cheers,

Dawn

Picture of Itamar Tzadok
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

You can try implementing the gallery with the Dataform module. You can upload entries on behalf of the teachers and set the entries to display the user's picture and the user's name which is already a link to the user's profile. Or you can upload into entries teachers' images and url's to teachers' profile pages. Then you can use slideshow js (e.g. Fancybox, Thickbox or any  suitable Lightbox) or slider js with thumbs to display a whole entry in the slide.

Examples:

Dataform_Applications#Fancybox_gallery

Picture of Jason Mallet

Thanks so much!  This looks really helpful.  I'll give it a try and let you know what happens!

Picture of Usman Asar
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Jason,

You may have to insert pages with static HTML, for that you can install Plug-in (StaticPages) written by Alexander, and  this is  one of the most useful plug-ins for moodle.

You can download the Plugin HERE. Though its written compatible for Moodle 2.6, but I am running on 2.7 as well without any issues.

Picture of Jason Mallet

Thank you!  I'll give it a try and let you know the results.