Email students on grading

Email students on grading

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I upgraded a site from 2.3 to 2.6. 

In the 2.3 version students were notified by email when the teacher graded their assignment. In 2.6 this has stopped.

Email is definitely still working as teachers are notified when an assignment is submitted.

I'm probably being stupid, but I can't see any option that might have caused this. Can anybody help?

Thanks big grin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Email students on grading

by Jeffrey Thomas -

Sorry to pile on, but I have the inverse question, as I am using v2.4 this month (due to upgrade to v2.6 over the summer):    How can I TURN OFF the auto-email function? 

In my old (v1.9.9) school, there was a nice checkbox on the grading window wherein I could select whether to trigger the email or not.

An analogous thread is related, but it was a dead-end anyway.

Will appreciate any constructive comments.  And I would like to know the answer in v2.6 as well.

thanks

--j.t.

In reply to Jeffrey Thomas

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Jeffrey - you might like to think about upgrading to 2.7 in the summer as that "nice checkbox" has returned.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

blush blush blush

Seems the notifications are sent by a cron job. Anybody want to guess......

by dan attwood -

I'm having exactly the same problem

When a student submits work the tutor is emailed

When the tutor then grades the work no emails are sent out - this is despite the email student box being ticked.

The cron job is working fine and I'm not seeing anything in the error logs so I'm at a bit of miss as to what to do next so any thoughts would be great.