Courses and course formats

Conditional courses

Picture of Toni Kettunen
Conditional courses

Would it be possible to add same kind of conditional access to whole courses as there is with conditional activities? Eg. course is only visible in course category to a user if User field > Country > is equal to > Finland. Or by dates, Completion dependencies, etc.

This is a feature that our clients are asking for a lot. Anyone else think this would be useful?

Average of ratings: -
C'est moi :-)
Re: Conditional courses
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

It would certainly be useful!

Conditionnal activities are better in 2.7, but have been integrated lately, and are not complete. Grouping limitation should be added in next version.

I think you should create a tracker issue for your suggestion.

Gareth J Barnard
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

I think one may exist already, do a search before you create one in the tracker.

Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Yes, should have added "if one doesn't exist already" wink

Yes, that's me

Hi Toni and everyone else interested in this,

we are working on this at the moment. Currently we are in the process of specification. This is actually more complex than it seems to be on the first view smile Of course the solution should be easy and elegant, finally smile

We will not change any core code.

As we are working with a strict deadline, please contact me directly if you have any suggestions/ideas etc. Maybe later or in parallel we can also move the discussion towards here.

Greetings,
Flotter

Picture of Toni Kettunen

That's great news! One suggestion would be that a course would be visible only to users that are already enrolled to that course. So for example when you would use only manual or cohort enrolments, it would be easy to hide from users all the courses that are not meant for them. Very useful when different companies have courses in same Moodle installation.

Hi,

Yes, would be useful.

Flotter : i think you should make your specifications public (in Dev wiki) to allow more people to view/contribute to it, and have useful clues, and better Moodle integration (how to program things...).

Picture of Robert Brenstein
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Flotter, may be you can incorporate this old nugget: MDL-8453