Conditional courses

Conditional courses

by t k -
Number of replies: 7

Would it be possible to add same kind of conditional access to whole courses as there is with conditional activities? Eg. course is only visible in course category to a user if User field > Country > is equal to > Finland. Or by dates, Completion dependencies, etc.

This is a feature that our clients are asking for a lot. Anyone else think this would be useful?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to t k

Re: Conditional courses

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It would certainly be useful!

Conditionnal activities are better in 2.7, but have been integrated lately, and are not complete. Grouping limitation should be added in next version.

I think you should create a tracker issue for your suggestion.

In reply to t k

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Toni and everyone else interested in this,

we are working on this at the moment. Currently we are in the process of specification. This is actually more complex than it seems to be on the first view smile Of course the solution should be easy and elegant, finally smile

We will not change any core code.

As we are working with a strict deadline, please contact me directly if you have any suggestions/ideas etc. Maybe later or in parallel we can also move the discussion towards here.

Greetings,
Flotter
In reply to Flotter Totte

by t k -

That's great news! One suggestion would be that a course would be visible only to users that are already enrolled to that course. So for example when you would use only manual or cohort enrolments, it would be easy to hide from users all the courses that are not meant for them. Very useful when different companies have courses in same Moodle installation.

In reply to t k

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Yes, would be useful.

Flotter : i think you should make your specifications public (in Dev wiki) to allow more people to view/contribute to it, and have useful clues, and better Moodle integration (how to program things...).