Upload error

Upload error

by Leonardo S.C. -
Number of replies: 12

The option to add course files is not working.

It only shows the icon displayed below (in a loop):

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.

Moodle 2.6.2+ (Build: 20140502)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leonardo S.C.

Re: Upload error

by Alexandria Carruthers -

Hi,

I am having the same error occur.. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I have checked all permissions and settings I cant find anything that would explain why this error is occurring.

Any help or insight would be fantastic !

Attachment Unable to upload files - screen capture.png
In reply to Alexandria Carruthers

by Alexandria Carruthers -

I have been able to fix this issue at last by the below:

Go to Site administration /Appearance /AJAX and Javascript and disable ajax - there is another setting called cache java.. I un-ticked this setting and left all other settings ticked.  

Hope this helps with your issue.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Alexandria Carruthers

by Leonardo S.C. -
Alexandria, 

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately it didn't help in my case.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This BUG has been fixed, so it would depend on which version of Moodle you are using?

Also this BUG has been known to act like this in some versions of Internet Explorer.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Leonardo S.C. -

The bug occurs on Chrome, Firefox and IE

We are running Moodle2.6.2+ (Build: 20140502)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Which theme? What I mean to say is does it only happen in a specific theme or is this function not working all the time?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Leonardo S.C. -

I switched back to the default theme, then selected Arialistic again and started working "miraculously".

by Mary Evans -

Next time try Purge all cache especially if you are making modifications to your theme, as errors can creep in and mask the reality of the situation.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Leonardo S.C. -

It suddenly started happening again.

Tried to purge all cache, as per your suggestion, but nothing..

Do you have any idea of why this could be happening?

by Mary Evans -

Well it could be anything really, even the fact the the image that should be displayed is taking too long to load, So the revolving circle image is similar to the egg-timer that we used to see in Windows that told you to wait until the task was finished, so in this case it is more to do with your server taking too long to process the data, most probably the database. Alternatively it could be you need to run

../admin/cron.php

which cleans up temporary data which can clog up the system.

You could try Debugging which you can do by going to...

Administration > Site Administration > Development > Debugging

here you need to select DEVELOPER from the drop-down menu.  You will then need to go back into the course page where the problem happens and see if you get any errors.

I have been testing this and found no problems so it must be your something to do with your set up.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Leonardo S.C. -

I followed your suggestions but no error appears while in debugging mode.

The icon stays the same but nothing happens.

:/

In reply to Mary Evans

by Leonardo S.C. -

I changed from Arialistic to Boxxie and it started to work. But after changing the footer and header images on the files general and frontpage.php, it goes down. 

I have verified this because I have kept the themes' original files, switched back to the files and start to work again.

It has something to do with the code you provided in the other post.