Moodle can't add

Moodle can't add

by RW Wood -
Number of replies: 3

I've been testing Moodle, and I had the following problem: setting up a quiz with only two T&F questions, creating a student who took the quiz answering one right and one wrong produced a test score of 33%.

Secondly, logged in as admin and trying to add a user resulted in the program returning a "parameter not found" and the user not being entered into the database.

There was mention made of the program being installed into an empty database, and to be frank, that is 1) unacceptable and 2) unlikely, both due to the fact that many people are going to be using the program in a hosted environment that provides for only one database. I'm in agreement with a couple of other users who wrote that Moodle should as other programs do, provide for a table identifying prefix, either fixed or user configurable.

Thanks.
RW Wood

Average of ratings: -
In reply to RW Wood

Quiz problems etc

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Can you please email me your URL and admin account? I've not seen either of those errors before so I'd like to take a look at them.

As for the tables being unacceptable, well, you seem to have accepted it. wink Table prefixes will be added when I get time.
In reply to RW Wood

Quiz attempts needed regrading

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
OK, I've now had a look at your site. It seems that the questions were modified AFTER the quiz had been taken, so that the stored results had become out of sync with the actual quiz.

The fix is simply to go into the report section (click the link "View completed quizzes" and in there click the "Regrade all attempts" button.
In reply to RW Wood

Adding a user worked for me

by Martin Dougiamas -
Adding a user using the Admin page worked OK for me. I'm not sure what the problem could have been. What was the URL of the page when you got the error message?