Condition for conditional activities is wrong

Condition for conditional activities is wrong

by Beatriz Rojo -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I've not seen a forum for conditional activities, so I post my question here, I hope this is fine.

I'm using Moodle 2.6 and this is my problem:

I have set some hot potatoes exercises. First, I thought it would be good to set the sequence and I establish for each activity as condition to get a score in the previous activity. Later, I thought it was not a good idea and I set it again so that no condition is needed (s. picture 1 teacher's view).

But it seems the conditions I set at the beginning were not completely deleted because when I try to acces to some of these activities, I get the message "You first have to get an score in a previous activity" (s. picture 2).

I think the problem was that I did not think in advance what do I wanted. My first impulse was to delete the exercises and to upload them again. It is not that terrible but of course it is a waste of time because the HotPotatoes have pictures and audio files and I have to upload them one by one.

I would be very thankful for any suggestions to fix this problem, and also a confirmation to my fear: are restriction conditions not "undoable"?

Thanks,

Beatriz.

Attachment 1.png
Attachment 2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: Condition for conditional activities is wrong

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Beatriz,

Conditional settings are undoable. Please check that everything was set to none and that criteria text boxes are empty.

If you could maybe provide a screenshot of the conditional setting area of the activity in question.

http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Conditional_activities

In reply to Guillermo Madero

Re: Condition for conditional activities is wrong

by Beatriz Rojo -

Hello Guillermo,

thanks for the information about the possibility to undo conditional settings, I was not sure.

I have discovered where the problem was, I think it does have to do with the HotPot module. For the HotPot module there is two "access conditions", and I did not notice it and set the conditions in each activity in a different field.

The field Access control restricts the attempts to this activity - it is visible but you cannot attempt it until you get a grade in some established activity. I didn't know it existed.

The field Restrict acces ist the typical field for r "conditional activities", and it limits the access to the activity.

Learning by doing and learning from errors! smile

Regards,

Beatriz.