Repository filepicker file listing columns

Repository filepicker file listing columns

by Anne Krijger -
Number of replies: 2

And yet another question on creating a repository to use ins the filepicker smile

When displaying the result of a search,
(the ['list'] element of the array returned by the search($search_text, $page = 0) function)
4 columns are shown;
Name, last change, size and type

Is there any way to influence which columns are used, or maybe add one at the end?

Anne.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anne Krijger

Re: Repository filepicker file listing columns

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Anne,

If you want to customise the output of the filepicker, then the only method I know of (short of core code changes) is this: http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Repository_plugins_embedding_external_file_chooser

It has the downside of requiring you to re-implement much of the functionality yourself and of losing access to the controls across the top of the filepicker, but it does give you a lot of flexibility in the output.

In reply to Davo Smith

Re: Repository filepicker file listing columns

by Anne Krijger -

Hi Davo,

Thanks.
I did start out looking at the callback functionality as implemented in the Equella repository, but decided it was to 'complicated' to implement within the scope of the project I'm working on. I did already talk to the client about this possibility.

I was just wondering if I was overlooking a way to do this in the default functionality.

Because of all the JS/AJAX/YUI going on I didn't want to dive in too deep at this point ;)

Anne.