Enrollment scenario quandary | Looking for some options

Enrollment scenario quandary | Looking for some options

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 0

In one of the roles I have is support for enrollments for very well spaced out and random courses.  A person may do courses at 3-30 month separations and quite random.

I get a spreadsheet for a set of enrollments from the office.  They consist of three types:

1. Existing accounts unchanged
  2. Existing accounts with a different email address (and sometimes name changes)
  3. New accounts.

But I have no information as to which is which.  smile

So my problem is threefold:

• Group 1: Helping the existing accounts to remember that they have a Moodle account and refresh their memory of what Moodle is.
  • Group 2: Fixing the account details, and then ditto
  • Group 3: (Easy) Sending them account details.

I've been creating the accounts, enrolling them in a course then sending a notification via the forum "Welcome, This is a forum (blah blah blah) If you have been here before xxx, lost password etc, If you have not been here before, your have an account xxx"

The problem with this is people cannot reliably identify "Have I been here before?"  So they email me saying "I have not got an account".

I've looked at the various plugins but nothing seems to address this need.

1. Is there a way to send everyone in a course their username to their email in a message?
  2. Does anyone have any tips on approaches they use?
  3. We have NO need for history, compliance issues, I did consider deleting all accounts after every course and starting from scratch.  smile  This just seemed like too much work.
  4. I wondered if there was functionality to view a group of users as a cohort.  There will not be more than 6-800 individuals.  Is there a way to filter users like this?

I'm basically lazy.  Just want a better workflow.

-Derek

Average of ratings: -