SCORM Grade and Moodle Certificate

SCORM Grade and Moodle Certificate

by Steve Keller -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using the certificate module in a course that consists of one scormed topic.
I have been trying to set the certificate's dependent activities so that it is only accessible if the student gets 100% on the SCORM quiz. This quiz is already part of the SCORM package and I cannot edit it.

I created a seperate certificate inside of moodle and I want to display this certificate whenever someone completes the SCORM quiz and gets 100%.

The SCORM scores are going to the gradebook as it shows 100% completed. When the SCORM file is closed the SCORM module is updated and shows the correct score. The problem is that the Certificate isnt generated at all. Im not sure how to get it to automatically display so that the user can hit "get my certificate", in order to show their certificate. Im using a really old version of moodle 1.9.5.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve.

Attachment example 2.png
Attachment Example1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Keller

Re: SCORM Grade and Moodle Certificate

by Gary Lyon -

Hi Steve. Try setting the certificate grade requirement to 99.9%. I've had similar problems like yours until I started setting the grades to 1/10th of a percent lower than the score required. 

In reply to Gary Lyon

by Steve Keller -

Thanks for the reply. It is only letting me set it to 99%. The dropdown is only a section item. Cant input data in this field.

Steve.

In reply to Gary Lyon

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Gary,

Thanks for trying to help, but Steve clearly state that he is using Moodle 1.9.5 and I don't think you answer apply to that old version.

Unfortunately I don't think a lot of people still use the certificate module with Moodle 1.9.x (and in fact I hope so, because it was quite buggy !) so I don't know if anybody can help Steve.

If I remember well there were some problems with SCORM activities at that time. Maybe searching this forum for old messages will help ?