Teaching with Moodle

Essay graded notifications

Picture of Jeremy Griffin
Essay graded notifications

Using Moodle 2.6. Notifications for assignment submissions received by both student and teacher.

Once assignments graded, even though settings all indicate that both popup and email "Essay graded notifications" should be enabled, no notifications are received by Student? 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of dawn alderson
Re: Essay graded notifications

Hi Jeremy,

I think this requires us to know a bit more info-anything?  Otherwise, this might help:

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Using_Assignment#Submission_notifications

Dawn :0)

Picture of Jeremy Griffin

Hi Dawn,

Apols for delay but been away. Thanks for the link but it is the documentation line:

Essay graded notification - Once a grader has provided a mark/feedback for assignments, students will be notified (within the hour) that this feedback is available.

. . . that I can't seem to get functioning even though all the student messaging settings seem checked.

J

Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

I'm thinking that that "Essay graded notificiations" only applies to Lessons because I don't have an assignment essay graded notification option in my messaging screen and I note that on that documentation Dawn links to it shows a much older screen (Assignment 2.2) We don't normally refer to assignments as "essays" even thought students might do essays in them.  I think I willl double check this in the morning and clarify/correct the documentation accordingly. I suspect you aren't getting the notifications because these essays don't relate to assignments.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of dawn alderson

Mary-you star...I probably have stumbled across links that I misread :0)...I must say the hour notification thing-is an absolute gem of an idea by the way....students-pleased-forever more! Really nice way to communicate awards/achievements in a timely manner.

Cheers,

Dawn