Results and feedback not coming through to students

Results and feedback not coming through to students

by Graeme Dunkley -
Number of replies: 7

Hi, we're using 2.6 and having trouble with feedback files and grades not being visible to students and trainers. Our workflow is:

1) student submits essay

2) trainer prints it off, grades it, hand to administrator

3) administrator scans in paper, uploads PDF and enters grade

Students do receive an email to say they have feedback, but when they click on the link nothing is there. There is also nothing in the gradebook.

Any suggestions?

Graeme

In reply to Graeme Dunkley

Re: Results and feedback not coming through to students

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Where are they uploading the file to?  Is it to the feedback file area?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Graeme Dunkley -

Hi Emma,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Yes, they are uploading files. And i am also uploading files in response.

Hmmm...sounds like you have a suspicion about what the problem might be?

Graeme

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

No, just trying to narrow it down.  Is this happening in every course?  Can you post screenshots of the Assignment grading page and the grader view in the grade book and the feedback settings from the assignment?  Also, how are your feedback settings set in the assignment itself?  If you turn off everything there, then students will not see anything.

If this is all set correctly, then you will need to look at permissions.

Can I put in a plug for trees and ink?  Why are they printing just to scan back in?!!  Not sure what version you are on but the pdf annotation feedback tool is pretty cool!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Graeme Dunkley -

Hi Emma, Thanks again for responding.

First, I totally agree with your comments about trees and ink smile Unfortunately when i installed the PDF annotation feedback tool it crashed database and the whole moodle had to be reinstalled. I think i'm not knowledgable enough to be trusted with plugins.

Secondly, your post made me think about hiding. I have different types of students and have used groups and groupings to only show some assignments to some students. That might be the cause of the problem. I suspect i should turn that off, although it was s much fiddling to set up sad

Thirdly, (I'm trying to cut and paste jpeg's in here but they seem blank) here's what i see:

and here's what the student sees

Attachment trainer screen shot.png

by Emma Richardson -

I think you only posted your view.  The groupings should not affect this.  Please post the view where you actually add the feedback file, the student view of the assignment (when logged in as a student, not just in View as student) and your feedback settings in the assignment.

by Martha Gold -

Hi Graeme,

Are the grades hidden? If the grades are hidden they may not show up for the students. This also happens when the assignment is set to "No grade" and the grades are hidden. Make sure the grade for the activity is set to give a grade and that it is visible to students.

-Martha

In reply to Martha Gold

by Graeme Dunkley -

Hi Martha, thanks for the reply, sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.

The grades do not seem to be hidden from my end. What that means to me is that Common Module Settings>Visible it set to 'show'. Is there another 'hide' setting somewhere else?

Graeme