MoodleMobile not actually working

MoodleMobile not actually working

by Bohumil Havel -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

MoodleMobile not actually working. both versions, android and iOS have errors after launch. version 1.4.1

can you help please ?

Bohus

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bohumil Havel

Re: MoodleMobile not actually working

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Bohumil,

I just released a new version (1.4.2) But I think it will not be available for iOs until a couple of days (and for Android until tomorrow)

In any case, which errors did you found in the app?

Regards

In reply to Bohumil Havel

by Kevin Bruton -

Before the Moodle Mobile app was working fine with our site, however, we've recently upgraded Moodle to version 2.7, and now it reports "I can't login". 

I wouldn't be able to tell you if its because of recent updates of the app or of Moodle.

We don't have https, only http.

I've tried the IOS and the Android version, with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

In reply to Kevin Bruton

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Kevin,

I can debug what is happening, but I'll need a username/password for your Moodle site (it can be just a user not enrolled in any course, is just for testing the login process)

If this is ok for you, please, send me a private message with the user credentials

Regards

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

it seems that you have debugging enabled in that server, see the response to a WebService call:

You should disable debugging in Administration / Development options (for production sites also disable "Display message")

<br />

<b>Warning</b>:  Creating default object from empty value in <b>/var/www/mod/assign/version.php</b> on line <b>27</b><br />

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Kevin Bruton -

Hi Juan!

Thanks so much for your help. I've finally been able to get it going. In the end, apparently it was the debugging settings in config.php that were causing the problems (as you had also suggested to me).

I've now set them in the following manner:

ini_set ('display_errors', 'off');
ini_set ('log_errors', 'off');
ini_set ('display_startup_errors', 'off');
ini_set ('error_reporting', E_ERRORS);

and I no longer have problems logging in.

Cheers!