Grades Missing From Grader Report with External Enrollment

Grades Missing From Grader Report with External Enrollment

by Mike Plagge -
Number of replies: 3

We are running Moodle 2.5.5 on mySQL and ubuntu/apache. Moodle has been up and running for most of the year.  We are using external enrollment from a mySQL table.  The table has the course short name, user name (AD user name), and role.  Up until today we had not experienced issues.  The import failed today on students and no students had any courses.  We re-ran the import and everyone was put back into their course. Unfortunately, none of the students have grades on the grader report.  When I look at the assignments, grades show up.  If I re-grade an assignment it shows up on the grader report.  Manually enrolled students are showing up fine. 

When I look at the assignment for a recent course students are showing up with "No submission" but also showing up as "Graded". When I update the grade I can see feedback comments and see that there is a grade there. The last modified date is almost a week ago.

Is there anything we can do to get the grades to show up properly?  I have done several searched and saw some options for students who are manually enrolled to have their grades recovered.  Does this sound like the same kind of issue?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Plagge

Re: Grades Missing From Grader Report with External Enrollment

by Bob Puffer -

If you don't have 'Recover grades default' in site settings to 'Yes' ('No' by default) you won't get any grades back. You can unenroll, set to 'Yes' and re-enroll to get them back.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Mike Plagge -

Thanks, that worked.  We tried that earlier but it didn't work.  It looks like our script doesn't automatically remove students if our external database is empty.  We removed all the students from it (but kept the teachers) and then it removed students from their classes.  Then, the re-import ran and added the grades back. 

In reply to Mike Plagge

by Bob Puffer -

You're fortunate, its a pretty damn unreliable process and I wish they would have just kept the grades in grade_grades.