Rubrics : how to add half points

Rubrics : how to add half points

by Ulrike Albers -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I'm just discovering the rubric grading and think that's a great feature (and I just take the advantage of this post to ask where I could send my enthousiasm about uploading feedback files as a zip file ?).

But when I define 1,5 or 2,5 as a grade for some criteria, they get converted... Is there a way to  put some rubric like this:

Criteria 1 : /2 pts

Criteria 2 : /1,5 pts

Criteria 3 : /3,5 pts

Criteria 4 : /2,5 pts

Criteria 5 : /0,5 pts

Total :     /10

Another question by the way: there is no way lo leave each point description empty (to leave it to the evaluator to make those comments individually), is there ?

Thank you for your help !

Ulrike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ulrike Albers

Re: Rubrics : how to add half points

by Ronald de Caluwé -

I'm also new with Rubric, Ulrike, but when I read your question, I think: why don't you use 20, 15, 35, 25 and 5 as scores?

I don't know whether I understand your second question right, but I left criteria in Rubric empty by putting a HTML space in there:  

Hope that helps,
Ronald

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ronald de Caluwé

by Ulrike Albers -
Hi,

Thank you very much Ronald!

As to the grades, that's what I'l  do if there's no way (but then, Moodle will not be able to calculate correctly the Total of the course grades I suppose... unless there is a way to manage that).

The space sign is a great idea, I'm gonna do that!

In reply to Ronald de Caluwé

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Our staff want to impose a penalty to students for late submission, by deduct points. 

But, the Rubrics can't take any minus number. Tried -5, -10, -20 in criteria, the Rubric dislike it. 

Any way to get around this to  impose a penalty with Rubric?

Thanks

In reply to William Lu

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I always add a miscellaneous criterion of 0, 5, and 10 and use it for things such as late submissions, re-grades, and any other unanticipated mistakes.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to William Lu

by Ulrike Albers -

Hello,

The space sign worked fine! But there's another problem, well at least I think it is one. Students don't see the teacher's comment which is on the right side of every line. The user would have to scroll until the bottom, and then scroll horizontally, to see it (so I'm pretty sure students won't see it) -well, at least with my computer&browser... I suppose I can't do anything about that?

As to the negative points, that's a good question too. There is no configuration inside the assignment settings to apply penalty on late homework either (unless this is to be set somewhere else?).