More criteria in offline assignment

More criteria in offline assignment

by Ronald de Caluwé -
Number of replies: 4

Good morning everyone!

I'm finding my way in Moodle slowly but steady...
What an amazing system.

One thing I can't figure out though:
I have an offline activity (how does the student do the interview with the customer?) that has to be scored by the teacher on a number of criteria (how is the use of language, does the student show patience with the client, etc).

It seems that the offline activity is only suitable for one criterium.

Any suggestions on how to achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!
Ronald

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ronald de Caluwé

Re: More criteria in offline assignment

by Lucinde Bongers -

Hi Ronald,

I would suggest you try the Marking Guide for this. You choose 'Marking guide' under 'Grading Method' in the settings. 

The Marking Guide gives you the opportunity to set up a form with different marking criteria; you can award a grade to each criterium and Moodle calculates the grade for you based on your previous settings. It is a bit tricky that when you choose 'Marking Guide' in the settings, you don't get to set up this form yet, so you don't see the advantages of this method straight away. You can set up the form after creating the assignment: when you have chosen 'Marking Guide' as your grading method (Instead of Simple Direct Grading) and you have created the assignment, you can see 'Advanced grading methods' under 'Assignment settings' in your settings block. You click on that and there you have the opportunity to set up the marking guide exactly to your specifications. This can also be used to allow students to see in advance how the grading criteria are set up.

I hope this answers your question, good luck with your offline assignments!

In reply to Lucinde Bongers

by Ronald de Caluwé -

Wow Lucinde, that sure looks promising.
I'll dive into it later this week.

For now: do you have any experience with this and do you know whether I can add some per-defined options for the teacher like for example
a) not OK,
b) sufficient and
c) outstanding

Thx for a quick response as well!

Cheers!
Ronald

In reply to Ronald de Caluwé

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. Please see Marking guide in the documentation.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ronald de Caluwé -

Thx Mary, I did and it is clearer now.
I'll go ahead and make a test to experiment with.
There are also a few nice YouTube movies on the Marking guide and Rubric (perhaps more suitable for my question) subject.

I'm really glad with the discovery, thx to Lucinde!