Gradebook Font Size (2.5.3)

Gradebook Font Size (2.5.3)

by Scott Summers -
Number of replies: 9

My site is set up with a custom theme. I have tried to increase text size in the "Formal White" settings to no avail. I found some custom CSS code and entered that into both the custom theme and the Formal White sections and still the font in my gradebook is tiny when the browser zoom is at 100%. Changing the font size in the browser (I am using IE8) does nothing ( I assume because the gradebook is an applet? ).

I did not build the website and have not looked at the code. I do not know if I have access to upload code to the server. Do the files on moodle itself give be permission to do this? If so do I need a php editor?

This issue arises in every gradebook: vanilla, LAE and user.

Attachment Small.png
In reply to Scott Summers

Re: Gradebook Font Size (2.5.3)

by Scott Summers -

I have found the following code online which increases the text size of ALL text on the user report page, not just inside the user report.

#page-grade-report-user-index {font-size: 120%; line-height: 1.4;}

by Scott Summers -

Hmm,

Changed the code above to

#page-grade-report-grader-index {font-size: 120%; line-height: 1.4;}

and it increased the text size for the page but left the grader box!!!

by Scott Summers -

I have managed to increase the text size in the LAEgrader now but the CSS code:

table#user-grades {font-size: 200%}

Does not do anything when I put it in the custom CSS box. Is this the right path?

by Ilya Zhuykov -

Hello, Scott.

We also increased font-size in graders (LAE Grader and standart) in our site. If you don't have access to editing files in your server, you can change it using the custom CSS box in theme's settings.

For example, you can use code below for LAE Grader, standart grader and user report:

.laegradestable {
font-size: 120%;
}
table#user-grades {
}
.user-grade{
}
In reply to Ilya Zhuykov

by Scott Summers -

Many thanks Ilya,

I managed to figure out the top two but for the life of me could not find the correct name for the bottom one. I'll stick that into the custom CSS box now.

Scott

by Scott Summers -

Hmm, the table#user one does not do anything. Not to worry, the LAE gradebook is the one we are using anyway.

by Ilya Zhuykov -

Hmm-hmm...

1. Maybe you need to purge cashes in moodle and browser.
2. Does this code work in another browsers (Chrome, Firefox)?

by Bob Puffer -

Hi Scott,

Off the top of my head without looking I think the table is #laeuser_grade. Surprised you're getting the LAE Grader to work with IE. We pretty much abandoned trying to support IE and don't use it at our schools.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Scott Summers -

LAE works with IE with us. There are intermittent issues when things don't line up perfectly but an F5 page refresh gets rid of these.