3 columns essential theme not working

3 columns essential theme not working

by Ezequiel Uberti -
Number of replies: 10

Hello people,

My issue is that I've selected the 'Use the standard course squeme' in the General Settings for the Essential Theme, but I'm not seeing the 3 columns. Whenever I try to define in which region I want a block to be shown, if I select 'left' I see them, sometimes to the left and sometimes to the right of the main content, and if I select 'right', I don't see it at all (it appears in the 'hidden section' below, the one only admins can see).

What I need is to be able to set block both to the left and to the right of the main content, and that they remain in the same column always, no matter the page I'm in.

Can anyone help me?

Attachment screenshot_columns.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ezequiel Uberti

Re: 3 columns essential theme not working

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you tried moving the blocks?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ezequiel Uberti -

Yes, Mary. When I select the icon to move it, I only see 2 zones to move it to (the ones marked with the dotted lines): on top of the main zone, or to the right., never to the left.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It may be that the page is only set to use two columns.

which page are you in when you dont have three columns?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Cameron Banfield -

That is 3 columns wide however I have noticed with the essentials theme that the two "block" columns are always both on the right next to each other. I'm not too sure if this is intentional or if it's a bug however It's a pain having them both on the right!

Hope this helps

EDIT:

To bring back the 3 column style with columns on either side you can change the setting "Use a standard course layout" under the "Essential" settings.

In reply to Cameron Banfield

by Ezequiel Uberti -

Hi Cameron, you are right, when two sets of columns with block are created, they both appear to the right hand side of the 'main area'. I haven't been able to have them one on each side of main content, even when setting the layout to use 3-column style. Have you?

by Cameron Banfield -

Hi,

I have managed to make the change work my end. Not too sure if you already have but you could try clearing the theme caches once you have changed the option?

In reply to Cameron Banfield

by Chew Tsyr Churn -
Mine still having this 3 column bug.
In reply to Chew Tsyr Churn

by Just H -

Have you selected the "Use a standard course layout" setting on the General settings page and purged cache?

In reply to Just H

by Chew Tsyr Churn -

Just H, yes i did, and i clear the theme cache too.  you can have a look at my site here. http://iconixconsulting.com/moodlesharing/

There is only 2 column , the left column and the main content column.

In reply to Chew Tsyr Churn

by Mary Evans -

Hi Chew,

If you look in Essential/config.php you will see that not all the layouts use three columns. The ones that do are all course pages and mydashboard and mypublic, all the others are 2 columns only. Frontpage only uses 2 columns.

Hope that helps?

Mary