Pay for enrollment in all courses at once

Pay for enrollment in all courses at once

by Jason Carroll -
Number of replies: 9

Hello,

I am looking to use Moodle to host a number of courses. My goal is to have users authenticate with their Google account, which would then automatically create their Moodle account.  This would give them access to a number of free courses (or maybe just one course if necessary). However, if they pay (via paypal plugin or something similar) I would like them to have access to all courses, not just one specific course.  Does anyone know if this is possible? 

Thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in the right direction. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Carroll

Re: Pay for enrollment in all courses at once

by Vjay Krishnamurthy -

Yes, this is possible based on my understanding knowledge of the Moodle.
Hello Experts, Please correct me if I am wrong in this...

Step#1 You just create the Groups of courses. Example Free Group & Paid Group.
Step#2 Add a Plugin Social Network logins. Activate this only for the Free Group.
Step#3 In the Free Group you place some courses which are comes free.

If some one wants to upgrade the membership (Internally it is a Group) then, he has to register and after that he will pay then he / she will become a Paid user. If some one is paying for the courses he/she definitely will login thru registered membership credentials...

Got my points?

Regards,
Vijay 
In reply to Vjay Krishnamurthy

by Jason Carroll -

Thanks for reply Vijay, when you refer to creating groups of courses, is this the same as what is referred to as categories in Moodle? Where is the option to set one group/category as paid? In the enrollment plugin?

Thanks again,

Jason

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You might consider using Meta Course links to allow a user to purchase one premium course which is a child of all of the free courses (that would allow you to set one price but allow the student/user to purchase them all at once).

If you're going to keep some of the courses free and they are the same as what would be purchased from all courses...not an easy way to do that, one option might be to limit self-enrollment duration to something very short (one day for example) so that every time the user came back they'd basically have to re-enroll). 

Thinking through what freemium option will be important to being able to architect your setup (limited enrollment, some subset which are free, etc.)

In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Jason Carroll -

Thanks for reply Joseph. The free courses would always be free for everyone (as long as they register). So they would be different from what people would purchase. Hopefully this would make things easier?

Is Meta Course a plugin or just part of standard Moodle install? Are you saying to just create one Meta Course, then somehow link all other paid courses to it? So users would just be paying for the Meta Course, but then able to access all courses? Would Meta Course need content, or could it just be called "Premium Access to all Courses" and contain some informational text that explains users now have access to all courses?

Thanks again for the assistance on this. I'm new to setting up courses for payment.

Jason

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Gotcha, yes your free courses arranged that way would make it very easy. 

For the Meta courses, I assume you have several courses you want to be able to be purchased, but at once (through the purchase of 1 course). Meta course links is a standard enrollment plugin. In a sense. Each of your free courses is a meta course and they have a common child course: the course available for purchase. Students who purchase the child course inherit the enrollments to the meta courses. I use it in production on a site and it works very well.

Bone up at http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Metacourse

by Jason Carroll -

Great, thanks again. Will check it out.

Jason

by Mithil Sharma -

Hello Joseph

Apologize for opening this post - I am having difficulty with meta courses:

Meta course A has Chapters 1 and 2, and quizzes.

Child course B has Chapters 3,4,5,6,7 and quizzes, and is hidden.

Student 1, enrolled in Meta Course A, and Student B, enrolled in Meta Course B - BOTH can see only Chapter 1 and 2; chapters 3 to 7 are not visible to both.

What am i missing??

Thanks

Mithil

(Running Moodle 2.6 on live environment, and 2.7 on localhost)

In reply to Mithil Sharma

by Joseph Thibault -

That makes sense if it's hidden. Why is the course hidden?

If you don't want it to be individually enrollable I think you can set that in the enrollment settings for the course. 

by Mithil Sharma -

Thanks Joseph. It's just that I was following a youtube tutorial (How to create a Meta Course in Moodle 2.5 @

), and guess I misunderstood.