Creating Visually Impaired courses [V2.6]

Creating Visually Impaired courses [V2.6]

by Hugh Edwards -
Number of replies: 6

Hi. 

I'd like to create a version of my existing Scorm 1.2 courses in a format in moodle which can be read by Microsoft JAW, for visually impaired students. 

The problem I have is that JAW will not properly read scorm courses - it can't see button text properly for navigation, and has issues with the Scorm TOC etc. Essentially, visually impaired students need an able-sighted assistant to complete the course. 

I'm not really used to the rest of Moodle and its many, many functions and features. 

Could someone point me in the right direction of where to start (or rather which modules would best serve) creating a course which has video, audio, downloadable resources such as pdf docs, multiple choice and true/false questions, and a final grade page. 

Thank you! 

Hugh.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Hugh Edwards

Re: Creating Visually Impaired courses [V2.6]

by Hugh Edwards -

Bump 

In reply to Hugh Edwards

by Hugh Edwards -

What a disappointing response!! 

Ok, let's try another tack. Could anyone tell me what kind of course I can create within moodle where I can host video, questions and answers and allow materials to be downloaded? By what type of course, I mean actually within moodle, like topics, weekly etc, and then what type of modules within moodle, rather than authoring it externally in a different program...

Hugh. smile

In reply to Hugh Edwards

by dawn alderson -

Hugh, hi

OK. tell me about your learning and teaching agenda........let us focus on that for the minute.......I will then be able to think about meeting the students' needs so, 1. educational purpose. 2. aim. 3. focus. 4. oppts ..then personalised plan......always a good way to go-perhaps....this avoids a one-hat-fits-all approach...trust me! wink

Dawn

In reply to dawn alderson

by Hugh Edwards -

Hi Marcus and Dawn. 

Having posted that I feel a bit sheepish, as I found it all in the documentation section. I have always been a Scorm user, and it turns out that everything I want is incredibly simple by just using Books. smile 

Thanks for replying anyway. smile 

Hugh. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Hugh Edwards

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Which parts of the documentation have you looked through?