teacher not being notified by email of submitted assignments

Re: teacher not being notified by email of submitted assignments

by Tim Patterson -
Number of replies: 3

Yes, we have regular email communication.

She is my only teacher; there are only two of us.  She teaches three courses and says that in her two other courses she does receive email notifications, but not in the third.  I asked her to compare the settings on all three courses.  She did, and did not notice any differences between them.

In reply to Tim Patterson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Then it has to be something in the course or the specific course assignment settings.  I would check the following - does she have the same role in the third class?  Then check the assignments in that course - I would suspect that they are not set to notify.  Perhaps a default was changed at the site level at one point that affected the default notification setting in the third course.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tim Patterson -

Thanks, Emma.

She does have the same role in all three courses.  The only difference between one course in which she has been notified of submitted assignments, and the other in which she has not been notified is that in the first one the boxes for Allow submissions from... and Due date.. are ticked.  In the latter course Assignment module they are not ticked.  The latter one is the one she is not being notified about.  Do you think this might be the issue?

In reply to Tim Patterson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Within the assignment there is a setting for Notify Graders about Submissions and Late Submissions.  You need to make sure that they are checked.  The due date should not make any difference unless you only have Notify about Late Submissions checked because without a due date, they would never late...