tailoring assignments

Re: tailoring assignments

by dawn alderson -
Number of replies: 2

Right. OK.

super, smashing and great.....bullseye!

RE: Zip file...thanks for this post-superlative!

Students...find it fiddly and practitioners find it a pain in the proverbial.

Why Zip File?

Dawn 

In reply to dawn alderson

by Dov Kruger -

I have students submitting multiple files for programming homework.  A zip file allow  us to have moodle download a zip of zip files, and it automatically unpacks all homework into a single directory, with subdirectories for everyone by name.

Those who use .rar, the file doesn't unpack, we have to do it manually, so I am now telling the students not to do that, but I would rather have moodle reject it outright.

I would also like to write code to have moodle check the zip file for correctness, because I have had students turn in corrupted .zip files and immediate feedback would be better.

If nothing else, can anyone tell me which file manages the upload and I will start looking into coding this feature myself?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dov Kruger

by dawn alderson -

Dov, hi

do forgive me for my flippancy. mixed  The wonderful Zip file eh.  What is most (well I won't say what I really want to say.....big grin) beneficial with regard to this invention-is that it can hold a mixture of complex stuff...that can be uploaded/downloaded...nice....but to be fair..........in the real world of chaos.........students and teachers alike.......find the several step process a pain, and there is a large margin for error.......that is why I think the Zippy existence causes a hinderance rather than an affordance for learning and teaching..........really, we are in 2014..........for goodness sake........time has moved on eh!  Think Sesame Street! tongueout

Just a gentle moan from here to there.

Dawn