Hide Certain Enrolled Courses

Hide Certain Enrolled Courses

by Nikki LM -
Number of replies: 2

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could help or let me know if this is totally impossible and I'm going the wrong way about things.

I've got a 'Staff Area' course that links to lots of other mandatory courses e.g. Health & Safety, Staff Induction etc. I need the staff to be enrolled onto all of the mandatory courses but I only want them to see the general 'Staff Area' course on the homepage. Showing all courses they are enrolled on would take up far to much space.

I have a 'Student Area' that I've set up which links to courses for students e.g. Funding, Student Support, Moodle Guides etc. I set all those courses up as guest as anyone logged in is allowed to access them (They click the Student Area button on the menu bar to access the 'Student Area'). I can't do the same for the staff area as only staff should be allowed access.

I hope that makes sense to someone! Any advice would be great.

Many thanks,
Nikki

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikki LM

Re: Hide Certain Enrolled Courses

by Nigel Irwin -

I assume that you have created links to the courses in the Student Area, so that is all they can see. So just create links to the staff courses and make them guest access. They will not be seen by students if you do not place them within the student area. Can't access what you can't see. You could add an access code and give to staff to add security.

In reply to Nigel Irwin

Re: Hide Certain Enrolled Courses

by Nikki LM -

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for getting back to me, sadly the way our navigation is set up students would be able to find and view the staff area very easily so I can't go down that route. Giving them the course codes is a good shout but all these courses are mandatory so sadly they'd end up with them all on the homepage anyway.

Again thanks for the tips, I will probably need to look at other options for the staff area.

Many thanks,
Nikki