IMAP authentication forcing users to edit personal profile when they first log in

IMAP authentication forcing users to edit personal profile when they first log in

by Brenda Nyangweso -
Number of replies: 1

I am adding users in bulk into Moodle 2.5 by uploading them from a csv file. I have auth field set to IMAP, and users are able to log in with their imap credentials. However, when they log in, they are forced to edit their personal profile information and their email address is a mandatory field. If you enter your current email address (the one you used to log in) and submit the form, you get an error that the email address already exists. If you put in a different email address, it will send an email to the user requesting to authorize the email change.

How can I just do the IMAP authentication without having to edit the personal information form, since the required fields are already included in the csv file uploaded during user creation?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brenda Nyangweso

Re: IMAP authentication forcing users to edit personal profile when they first log in

by olu chan -

I am going through exactly the same issue. I will repost your question to the forum again may be we can get an answer