Help changing color on Anomaly Theme (2.6.1)

Re: Help changing color on Anomaly Theme (2.6.1)

by Perry Way -
Number of replies: 0

A very quick brief "hacking skills" comment: if you get a color picker and extract the color of the font with it, then you have the color's hex # to work with, and try doing a search for that value in the .css files. Chances are pretty good you'll be looking for a hex color value and not a named color value like "Blue". Also, if the hex values repeat each other across the RGB channels (example: #FFDDFF) you can shorten that to read #FDF. That technique might yield some results in some cases while you wait for someone who's got the experience you're seeking. (I am not working with that theme so it would be difficult for me to help you pinpoint things as I'd have to get a working copy of Moodle that's not the one I'm working on to crawl into that.)

Additionally, Chrome and Firefox have developer functionality to them. I prefer Chrome, silly me. In Chrome you right click on anything you see and pick "Inspect element". Ta da! You can then find the styles that are declared on the object in question, and from there you can navigate your way around in the HTML and style sheets and javascript.  So you can find the classes used on the text or anchor tag I forget which you were looking for but that's basically how you find things. Chrome you can bring it up with F12 key too if you want to navigate yourself instead of right clicking.