Using quiz as a self-assessment system (same criteria, multiple record)?

Using quiz as a self-assessment system (same criteria, multiple record)?

by kun lchen -
Number of replies: 7

Hi, I am trying to build an online self-assessment system. Ideally, users should be able to take an assessment multiple times and get multiple records for each of their events. I thought quiz might be a good starting point. However, with my current configuration, user can only have one result from my quiz.

I understand that quiz is designed to assess and only assess the performance of current course. But is there any way to set up a multiple-entry quiz which is able to record information of each entry?

I am using Moodle 2.6.2+ and  any input will be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to kun lchen

Re: Using quiz as a self-assessment system (same criteria, multiple record)?

by Cris Fuhrman -

Hi - can you give a concrete example of how you'd like it to work?

In reply to Cris Fuhrman

by kun lchen -

Of course.

The system is designed to let users self-assess their construction sites. Ideally, a user should be able to take a quiz, filling some basic info about current site,  answering quiz questions about environment impacts of their site. Based on his answers, the user will be rewarded with a certificate for this site. Then, using different site information, user should be able to self assess another of his sites.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

In reply to kun lchen

by Derek Chirnside -

I'm not sure if this will work exactly as you want in core Moodle.

There may need to be a MANUAL intervention, essentially deleting the results from SITE 1 from the quiz after certificate, and then leaving it open to SITE 2 data entry.

AFAIK there is no way to store two sets of results from the same quiz.  You could of course have a new account per SITE.  Very clunky.

This seems to be an ideal candidate for what is called a Moodle lesson.  A little pathway through a few pages and questions.

Good luck.

-Derek

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Derek Chirnside

by kun lchen -

Thanks for the info.

In reply to kun lchen

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you are not concerned with grades, you could use the feedback module for this.  It allows for multiple entries.

In reply to kun lchen

by Cris Fuhrman -

You didn't say how many users or how many construction sites or what the relationship between them is.

Your choice of solution should take into consideration that Moodle assumes many students with respect to a course.

Some other ideas:

• Use one Moodle course, but make a copy of the same quiz for each construction site. All users are enrolled in the Moodle course, but don't have to take all the quizzes. They will see them when they log in, however.
  • Make a Parent course that has the standardized quiz, but create a child course for each construction site. You can enroll users in each child (construction site) course and they'll only see the one quiz. You can also override the deadlines for that quiz for each construction site.
In reply to kun lchen

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't understand why the quiz does not meet your needs.

In the quiz settings, set 'Attempts allowed' to Unlimited.

Moodle keeps a record of every attempt the student makes.

In what way does that fail to meet your needs?