putting modified mysql password in config.php

putting modified mysql password in config.php

by sandeep dravid -
Number of replies: 1

Hi 

I am very new to moodle  and using 2.6 . My moodle was working fine but I changed password of mysql user through phpmyadmin . I forgot that moodle also is using same userid to connect to DB. So ofcourse after the password change moodle is not workign as it cant connect to DB 

Unfortunately I dont know previous password so I cant go back to old password and not sure how do I modify config.php to reflect the new password as it seem to be keeping password in encrypted form 

Sure someone must have faced similar issue and will appreciate If I can get some answer.

Sandeep

Average of ratings: -
In reply to sandeep dravid

Re: putting modified mysql password in config.php

by Miguel Santos -

Hi Sandeep,

You will want to make sure that all of the following are set to talk to your database in config.php
Your config.php file is in the root directory that holds the code for your moodle site.

find the following lines and:

$CFG->dbhost = 'xxxxxx'; //replace the x's with  either localhost of the ip address of the database server
$CFG->dbname = 'yyyyyy'; //replace the y's with the name of the moodle database on your database server
$CFG->dbuser = 'aaaaa'; //replace the a's with the username of the database user
$CFG->dbpass = 'bbbbbb'; //replace the b's with the new password you set for the database user