Alias to SCORM manifest breaks when copying the site to create a new site

Alias to SCORM manifest breaks when copying the site to create a new site

by Paul Barker -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all.  I have been trying something that may simply not be possible or supported, but I wanted to run it by you all to get your opinion.

We are using Moodle 2.6.1 and making use of the new feature to link directly to a SCORM manifest with an alias, therefore allowing auto-updating.  Works great!

I have one site set up with all of our course material and to create a new one (for a new client) I create a subdomain and copy that original site to the subdomain, modify config.html, import the database and it all works nicely...before I started using the alias feature.

In order to have all sites accessing just the one repository, each subdomain has a symlink to moodledata/repository.

In the subdomain (copied) site when I click a lesson I get a 'file not found' error.  This is leading me to think that the alias that is created is not valid once it is trying to do its thing from the subdomain, rather than the place where it was created.

That's a pretty non-scientific explanation, but does it make sense?  Should this scenario work or is this not how it is meant to be used?

Thanks for any clues

Paul

Average of ratings: -