Error installing Moodle with IIS, MSSQL Server

Error installing Moodle with IIS, MSSQL Server

by vinoth kannan -
Number of replies: 1

Hi All,

I have Moodle 2.4.2 installed and working in the IIS server with MS SQL Server as database.

As we have about 5000 documents to be migrated. I have to install Moodle1.9 and then upgrade it to Moodle2.4.2

When i try to install Moodle 1.9 last latest version with MSSQL Server. During installation i get this error.

PHP has not been properly configured with the MSSQL extension so that it can communicate with SQL*Server. Please check your php.ini file or recompile PHP.

I followed the instructions in Moodle installation page for MSSQL Server. But still i get the error.

Please help me and let me know how can i install Moodle 1.9 in IIS Server 7 with MSSQL server 2008. Do i have to make any changes in PHP.INI File.

Thanks in Advance

Vinoth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to vinoth kannan

Re: Error installing Moodle with IIS, MSSQL Server

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

If you've already got Moodle 2.4.2 installed and working why do you need Moodle 1.9?

What driver are you using in PHP to conect to SQL Server? 'MSSQL' or 'SQLSRV'?

For Moodle 1.9.x you need to use the FreeTDS driver (php_dblib.dll) to connect to a MSSQL database. Add extension=php_dblib.dll to your php.ini file and create a freetds.conf file. Then use $CFG->dbtype = 'mssql'; in your Moodle config.php file.

Details on http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Installing_MSSQL_for_PHP.