Create a new discussion summary/search plugin

Create a new discussion summary/search plugin

by mohanad mousa -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am new to Moodle development, and I'm using Moodle LMS system to develop a new plugin for my project... although I am a developer but mainly used .NET framework not much on PHP, yet i'm facing challenges with Moodle.

The first challenge I'm facing is the type of plugin, what should it be?

The other challenge I have is the PHP code as I had hard time understanding how things are displayed and captured from DB. I would appreciate if there is a video tutorial or a diagram for the code architecture and the DB architecture.

Finally here is a high level description of what I would like to do.

I need to create a wrapper around any video, audio, ..., media content for a course. see sample wrapper in this link: https://lugomooc.appspot.com/unit?unit=1

the above sample was done in JavaScript/JQuery and CSS, I would like to have it in PHP for Moodle.. btw. it works as it is for Moodle if I modify the mod/page/view.php to include the my CSS and JavaScript files....

what I would like to add to that is to be able to create a new Discussion Forum from the modal dialog that pops-up once the discussion forum button from the menu is clicked.

the second part is to create a summary search field and search result under the video to allow uses to be able to search for any discussion forum that have been created for this video..

In theory I know what need to be done but when it comes to applying it to Moodle with PHP and they way how Moodle provides a lot of things for you already makes it challenging for me.

if any one can help me with this and I can go further and I can provide more details if anyone interested in digging this further with me...

I truly appreciate your assistance in advance....

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mohanad mousa

Re: Create a new discussion summary/search plugin

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You could try it with text filter plugin type. But it's just guessing without knowing more about the background of your needs (such as how those media are added to the course, where the text version is loaded from etc).