Actions to perform after a test was passed

Actions to perform after a test was passed

by Maurizio Scibilia -
Number of replies: 2

[Moodle 2.6]

Hi everyone,

In my system I need to implement multichoice quizs and I have three questionsI didn't find solutions to:

1) Is there a way to send an email to a student when he passes a test?

2) Is there a way to modify the messages and show clearly that the test has been passed (see figure attached, I don't need to see every temptative, just if the test has been passed)?

3) Is there a way to prevent to do again a test already passed? I've read similar questions about it and it looks like it's not possible; I'm just asking to be sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachment quiz01.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maurizio Scibilia

Re: Actions to perform after a test was passed

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

1. See http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Quiz_submission_email_notification

2. There is just one template for all messages. In the Moodle UI, can can display a different message depending on the student's grade using the 'Overall feedback' feature.

3. No, but you are not the first to ask for this.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Actions to perform after a test was passed

by Maurizio Scibilia -

Thank you Tim, your presence in this forum is unvaluable smile

Regarding the email issue, it seems like Moodle has only the event "quiz attempted" (not passed): I need to send a certificate to a user that has passed a test (and informations about the fact that from that moment on he can't have any access to certain areas of the course). I remember I read that it's possible but following this path it doesn't sound possible.