DRAG & DROP CAPABILITY

DRAG & DROP CAPABILITY

by Diane Salamone -
Number of replies: 4

Can someone please let me know if files can be added via drag and drop from your desktop (or other location) to Moodle 2.6?  If so, is this capability limited by the browser you are using?  My understanding is that 2.6 has this capability, but I did find a report that it did not work in Internet Explorer.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Diane Salamone

Re: DRAG & DROP CAPABILITY

by Christian Herman -

Drag & drop works in Chrome and Firefox. I believe it works in Internet Explorer 10.

In reply to Christian Herman

by Diane Salamone -

Thanks for the information.  About 99% of our instructor are using IE 11.  Can anyone let me know if drag and drop works with this browser.

Thanks, Diane

In reply to Diane Salamone

by Noone Home -

Our company has had trouble with IE11, not just in Moodle, but in other areas, even other Microsoft manged platforms. We were advised by Microsoft CRM to roll back our install of IE to 10. 11 is twitchy with a number of things, Moodle definitely among them - particularly with the loading of files via drag and drop and the display of SCORM packages.

If your courses offer any SCORM packages, you'd save yourselves some student headaches by recommending Firefox or Chrome. Not a single course has ever been marked as complete in IE11 when it contained a SCORM package, and in a number of instances IE11 froze up mid-session