Is Moodle Drag n Drop broken?

Is Moodle Drag n Drop broken?

by Brendan Barlow -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all is anyone having any problems with Ajax. We are trying to move a topic by using the 4 directional arrow and it will work in IE8 and wont work in chrome. please watch the video to see what i am referring too.

Regards

Brendan

Moodle 2.4.3+ (Build: 20130418)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brendan Barlow

Re: Essential Theme - Drag n Drop broken?

by David Challoner -

Intermittently getting this problem with Drag n Drop, but only with Chrome, works fine with IE8 & 9 and with Firefox and Safari.  I suspect that it is an issue with the Chrome software itself and not with Essential.

In reply to Brendan Barlow

Re: Essential Theme - Drag n Drop broken?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Brendan,

The drag and drop to which you refer is not actually related to the theme but in fact the course format code (configured by '/course/format/topics/format.js' etc.) because you are moving course sections and not blocks.  As a test (no sound) I tried something similar in M2.5:

As you can see it can be a little temperamental, but does work in Chrome.  I seem to remember some discussion about a bit of the YUI code being broken but cannot remember where on the forums / tracker this is.  The issue is a YUI one and not a Moodle one.

When you drag a section inside a section because you cannot have sections in sections (unless you use Marina' Glancy's flexible sections course format - https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=format_flexsections) then it will put in a link.

As things improve, perhaps export the course and try on a development M2.5 server and see if you get the same results.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)