New project, where and how to put up some documentation?

New project, where and how to put up some documentation?

by Malte Reißig -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All!

We recently finished a new project building on moodles web service functionality and now I would like to share some infos on that, but when trying to add a new wikipage to the devleoper wiki I get the following error message:

"There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs, but you do not have permission to create this page."

docs.moodle.org/dev/TopicmapsWithMoodle - Can someone give me the permissions to do so? That could get me going. It looks like I am allowed to "edit" existing moodle developer wiki pages.

Additionally, I don't really know where to post the news about or work so that potentially interested users see it, the amount of forums at moodle.org is quite overwhelming.

Short description of our project:

We created an alternative UI to create topicmaps (graphical indexes) of moodle courses but (per wiki definition) this doesn't really qualifiy as an "Add-on" or "Plugin" (since it's an alternate UI / Moodle Web service client). Any ideas where at best write about our work?

We would like to invite and enable you to make use of it and thus it would be great if the news would reach (a) teachers and learners interested in taking part in pilot user studies and (b) tech-savy moodle users/administrators who might be interested in setting up more pilot studies with our moodle extension.

The current plan is to create a "Project"-page in the developer wiki for our web service client and then open up a thread for that, for example in the "Web Service"-Forum. I would be glad for any hints and thank you very much for your support.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Malte Reißig

Re: New project, where and how to put up some documentation?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Malte,

As an anti-spam measure, you need to edit an existing page before you can create a new page (as mentioned in the plugin documentation guide). However, since you mentioned the page you wanted to create, I have created it for you. (Please just delete the stub template.)

Your plan to start a discussion about your web services client in the web services forum sounds good to me. smile