Glossary auto-linking from Scorm

Glossary auto-linking from Scorm

by kenneth thomas -
Number of replies: 2

Thanks! It must have been the caches!  Now I have another question: my approach is to build comprehensive glossaries with images and in depth information for terms and concepts within very clean bullet pointed content, so that students can learn the key information and focus on it while retaining the ability to click particular words and "delve in" a little deeper if they need to.

Ideally, I would like to create the bulk of the "clean" content as scorm modules so I can animate the appearance of key terms as the student progresses, to build in a self test mechanism and to be able to couple the activity with printed worksheets for them to fill out for those who learn by writing...

If I am going to do this, however, I really need the terms to link to glossaries! 

I'm no coder, but is there a way that I could make the glossaries auto link inside my scorm modules? I have set  admin--plugins--filters---common filters--filter uploaded files to "all", but they still do not link...

If there is no setting, is there a way that I could manually link those words to the glossary concepts that would still produce a popup and not take the person out of the module? thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to kenneth thomas

Re: Glossary auto-linking from Scorm

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Kenneth,

I have split this discussion to follow the netiquette: one topic per discussion.wink

As far as I know it is not possible for Moodle to create auto-linking to glossaries from inside a Scorm module. I suggest you re-post your question to the Scorm forum just in case.

Joseph