General developer forum

add new post

Picture of Leen Q.
add new post

Hello,

I need a way to add a new post to a discussion forum by php code ... I tried forum_add_new_post function

but I couldn't use it well .. is there anyone that used this function before? or have another way to do the target?

Average of ratings: -
Dan at desk in Moodle HQ, Perth
Re: add new post
Group DevelopersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers
What was the problem you faced? Did you get an error message? Did you have debug set to developer level?

Picture of Leen Q.

Thanks a lot Mr. Dan I solved the problem  (it was with the $post object that I created in the code)  smile

However.. do you know how I can get the url of profile picture for a particular user from moodle?

I need to display the user picture in my application

I found "user_picture" function which display the user image only .. I need the url !!! or even the picture file name

Dan at desk in Moodle HQ, Perth
Group DevelopersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers
Its complicated wink

You should be able to do it by creating an instance of the user_picture class and calling get_url(). (Look at that class in lib/outputcomponents.php).

(Edit: I see you've asked in another thread).

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Leen Q.

Hello,, I'm sorry sad

I used the following function from moodle :

forum_add_new_post($post, null, $message);

to add new post for a new discussion forum

I generated the following object called $post in order to get the information that are needed 

$post = new stdClass();
$post->course         = "5";
$post->forum         = "2";
$post->discussion    = "19";
$post->parent        = "19";
$post->d_subject     = "a new test";
$post->subject       = 'Re: '.$post->d_subject;
$post->message       = 'Test .. Add new post';
$post->messageformat = 1;
$post->messagetrust  = 0;
$post->groupid = -1;
$post->itemid  = 0;

in the beginning I didn't have any problem with this .. but today when I tried to rewrite it I found the error in the attached image.

all my old file has been deleted by mistake from one week only ... I collected my codes again but I have problem with this ... I didn't remember how I solved its problem sad

there's something missing here, maybe the post object is not correct, right?

waiting you ... the time will finish soon sad