Gradebook vs course completion

Gradebook vs course completion

by Grzegorz Lecter -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, I'm using Moodle 2.5.

I have a SCORM quiz, which records score correctly. However, when I change the score in the Grade report, course completion status doesn't update. I mean I have a Course Completion criteria set to 'receive a grade: 85%' and I wanted to change one of the scores received by one of my students from 38% to 95% - so that he passes the quiz. However it is not updated in course completion status - it still tells me that the status is 'pending' and that the activity is not completed. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Grzegorz

In reply to Grzegorz Lecter

Re: Gradebook vs course completion

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

When you change a grade in the grader report, it just overrides the grade in the report and not back in the actual activity (AFAIK) and I would guess the completion report is pulling from the activity itself.  I would go into the activity and see if you can override the grade there.

In reply to Grzegorz Lecter

by Eric Strom -

Assuming you are seeing completion status for other students that didn't have the quiz manually adjusted, it may be that you just need to just wait for the course completion cron job to run. It isn't going to be instantaneous. The activity completion isn't dependant on a cron job, but the course completion check is.

In reply to Eric Strom

by Grzegorz Lecter -

Hey,

I can't find any way to edit score for a SCORM quiz, or mark it as complete manually... However on the Grades  page there is this Quiz mentioned so I've changed the score of it also. However this didn't help...
And I've run cron manually a couple of times - still no update...

Any other ideas? smile