Active lable in custom menu

Active lable in custom menu

by jaffer mirza -
Number of replies: 3

hello,

I am using moodle 2.3.1 and want to know how to customize the custom menu so that it changes the colour when that particular link is active?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jaffer mirza

Re: Active lable in custom menu

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

#custommenu ul li:active,
#custommenu ul ul li:active,
#custommenu ul ul ul li:active {background-color: red; color: white;}

In reply to Mary Evans

by Prakash Pa -
Hi,

I added menu items in admin. Now menu is showing up. But the current item is not shown as active. I managed to fix it by writing my own code. But if I select the child category, the parent is not highlighting. Please help. Does the moodle menu supposed to do this automatically?

Thanks,

Prakash Pa

In reply to Prakash Pa

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well we are not magicians and don't read minds, so we cannot help you, as you did not give us the version of Moodle that you are using. Nor did you say which theme as there are two sets of menu code in Moodle since version 2.5.

Also this old discussion relates to Moodle 2.3, but I doubt you are using that version -or are you? If you are,  then just copy the CSS I added in my last comment.

Thanks,

Mary