Courses and course formats

custom display of course components

Picture of Narissa Bayler
custom display of course components

Hi there.

I am new to Moodle  development but in the last few months I have installed Moodle 2.6 and created a custom design for the place I work.  

Our institution has a way we would like our courses set up and so far I have been unable to achieve that. We have 'show one section per page' which we want but without the two issues below.

I would love some help to achieve the following if at all possible:

• I would like to remove the general course summary (showing in the html/css as a class called summary) from displaying at the top of every subsequent section of the course (i.e. topic 1, topic 2) but still remain on the landing page.

• I would like to hide all the topic outlines that shows on the landing/general course page and instead have the jump menu as it that appears in the topic sections.

I have seen the workaround that puts the general summary into topic one but long term its not going to achieve what I need.

I absolutely appreciate any help as I have been unsuccessful in my coding attempts with this so far.
TIA
Narissa

Average of ratings: -
Gareth J Barnard
Re: custom display of course components
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Narissa,

Both are possible by creating a custom course format and changing the code.  Solutions in renderer.php:

1. Adapting the 'print_single_section_page' method and called methods.
  2. Probably possible by somehow calling 'section_nav_selection' from 'print_multiple_section_page' and adapting.

Cheers,

Gareth

Picture of Narissa Bayler

thanks Gareth but is there anywhere I can find more information about editing this?

cheers
Narissa

Gareth J Barnard
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Narissa,

Sorry for the delay, please look at: http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Course_formats.

Cheers,

Gareth