Assignment Submission - Time/Date Stamp

Assignment Submission - Time/Date Stamp

by Samantha Ashton -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

We are currently running Moodle 2.1.1. in our College. A member of staff has asked if the following is possible:

As part of our assessments, we need to record timely assessments. So every time a student submits an assignment, it has a time/date stamp allocated to it. I know that on grade book currently, it shows the most recent time/date stamp, however, we are wondering if it’s possible to have a stamp every time a student tries to submit that particular assignment.

As you can see the image below, the student has submitted 2 documents but only the last one has a time/date stamp on it.

Gradebook Moodle

Any help will be much appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Sam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samantha Ashton

Re: Assignment Submission - Time/Date Stamp

by Jeffrey Thomas -

The Activity Log will show you a timestamped entry for every time a student submits to an assignment -- it's a bit of a workaround that would take several clicks to uncover the entries for every student in the class, but somebody could write an excel macro to filter the info for you.

I agree that having only the latest timestamp is irritating;  I make it my policy to look through all assignments soon after any due-date and write an appropriate comment (including the current date) to mark an ontime or tardy message in that assignment's official record.  Thus, if student submits a later update we know to ignore the system-generated red tardy message.