moodle & peer-assessment

moodle & peer-assessment

by hoora saeed -
Number of replies: 7

Hi everyone

I am going to write my thesis about the effect of language accuracy on peer assessment.

One of my class is going to be organised in moodle.

Does moodle help peer assessment?

If yes how?

Thanks in advance. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to hoora saeed

Re: moodle & peer-assessment

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The Workshop module is just one good Moodle way of doing peer assessment.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by dawn alderson -

It was nice, the way in which the workshop was utilised in the MOOC sept last, how was that done Mary? I cant remember...Doh! smile

cheers,

Dawn

In reply to dawn alderson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just in the normal workshop way, Dawn.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by dawn alderson -

Thanks Mary, very helpful. I shall have a look at it all-if I come up with any gem of an idea I will post back here.

thanks again smile

Dawn

In reply to dawn alderson

by Paula Clough -

Dawn,

I really like the Workshop.  Some of our instructors do peer assessment using groups of students in a forum set up with separate groups.  Students post there own papers and the group members assess each others papers. Only the students within the group and the instructor can see the comments.

cool

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dan Strutt -

This looks really useful. For an asynchronous environment, the forced transitions between stages would not be appropriate, but a version of this in which it was not necessary for everyone's piece of work to be at the same stage at the same time would be good.

In reply to Dan Strutt

by Stephan Rinke -

Hi Dan,

this used to be the case in Moodle 1.x but led to all sorts of problems (e.g. matching evaluators to submissions was not random, so you had the early birds marking already when others hadn't handed in, people having to wait for submissions to be able to start giving feedback, ...)

I prefer the new phases and have used the "new" workshop successfully in asynchronous scenarios.

Give it a try! smile

Best from wintry Germany,

Stephan