LAE Grader Report-Grades not entering?

LAE Grader Report-Grades not entering?

by Corey Gheesling -
Number of replies: 8

We are currently beta testing 2.6 before we upgrade May 10.  We have installed the LAE Grader and have realized in the testing that quizzes that are being taken are not appearing in the gradebook.  We have also noticed that under the logs, the quizzes are being recorded as attempted, but under grade analysis, there is not record of the quzzes being attempted?  Any thoughts as to why the grades are not appearing.  Yes, they are visible and the permissions are all set up in how they should be.

In reply to Corey Gheesling

Re: LAE Grader Report-Grades not entering?

by Bob Puffer -

The LAE Grader report doesn't touch table data so there must be something else going on. Can you see the quizzes in the Grader report?

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Corey Gheesling -

We ran a system backup and updated all plugins today and for the first time, the grade from a quiz was automatically entered into the grade and the activity shows the full report.  Very interesting.

by Bob Puffer -

Sorry Corey but I don't find that odd at all. My recommendation frequently to folks missing grades is to backup and restore. Something about that covers a multitude of sins.

What organization are you from? I like to keep track of folks trying out the LAE Grader.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Corey Gheesling -

Hey Bob, Furman University.  We are thinking it may be related to the initial admin accounts we used in the set up of the server being mixed up with the accounts coming from our LDAP.  We just loaded our summer terms and users and we are looking to see if there are any issues with these new LDAP accounts.

One question I do have, is there a way to change the icon on the LAE grader report from export to a .csv to export to excel?

by Bob Puffer -

CLAMP made me change it from 'Export to Excel' because they didn't think everybody would use Excel (Google Spreadsheets, etc).  Attaching copytoexcel.png, rename it to copytoexcel.png and place it in grade/report/laegrader/images/.

Attachment copytoexcel.png
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Sam Villamizar -

Bob, we are currently having a similar issue with LAE Grader Report, when an instructor tries to manually enter grades via the gradebook (for manually created items) and he/she hits the "Update" button, the grades do not stay in place, they disappear.

A way around this issue has been to set up (for instructors) under "My Preferences" --> "General" the "Students per page" setting down to 50 (was 100) and the "Show only active enrollments" to "NO", since changing it to "YES"  disables the ability of the grades to stay in place.

We use Postgre as our Moodle database - Andrews University.

Thank you very much for any input that you might have regarding this issue.

In reply to Sam Villamizar

by Bob Puffer -

This has been a widely discussed matter having to do with input_vars in the php.ini file. Needs to be set to a large number (4 times the # of columns times the # of rows of your largest conceivable gradebook). Double that if you're using quick feedback.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Sam Villamizar -

Bob, thank you very much for your prompt reply.  A few months ago I applied part of the changes that you are suggesting, but I did not know that I had to double the number if quick feedback was being used.  I will change the settings to reflect the fact that we are using quick feedback.

Thank you very much!